Wednesday, May 9, 2012

vote for pedro



When we think about comedy (and by we i mean you), there are typical characters whom  comes to our minds, like Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler, Nicholas Cage, Che Copete etc . But there´s one who owns all of them, I’m obviously talking about Napoleon Dynamite.

Napoleon dynamite is a 2004 film made it with a couple of bucks, but earns more than a million worldwide (a lot for an independent film). It’s basically about a kind of weirdo/retard guy, who met Pedro (a Mexican newcomer at his school), and the “adventure” to become Pedro in school president with the slogan “vote for pedro”.

This is a hate/love film, actually, it´s really difficult to understand the humor type that involve the characters, which transformed it in a cult movie around the world. That’s the reason I love it, make laugh with odd/awkward situations, the use of “death time” scenes with just two guys sitting at school dine doing nothing, but creating an atmosphere of stupidness, which from my perspective, it’s more valuable than a simple joke, fart, boob or even a dialogue.

Without doubts, Napoleon Dynamite is at my top 3, cause isn’t the typical American school comedy, actually, is the antithesis of that, transform the most useless and blank guys in the main characters of a 2 hours comedy.

8 comments:

  1. Comedy!!! I love this kind of movies, I like "supercool", or "american pie" are also good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed tha a lot of people really like this movie... I think is another one to my "to watch" list

    ReplyDelete
  3. This movie wins because it's so awkward. It reminds me of Supercool in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Antithesis of american school comedies, sounds fair. I don't get american humor, but if it's the opposite, then I'll watch it :) I like comedies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of it! I'll look into it. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen it yet, but sounds very good because we are used to see American humor

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha nice. It's kind of funny but I dont know it's too stupid

    ReplyDelete