Wednesday, April 11, 2012

bbboring.co.uk


Personally, that’s not the kind of webpage that I used to visit to learn English or any other language, actually I found it a little annoy, or maybe boring. Just the fact to use the web to specifically learn is, from my point of view, a waste of time. I’d prefer to watch a movie without subs, or play a videogame (a real videogame) and decode the walkthrough, or just read articles about my interests in foreign language and use web dictionaries to understand it … well, I don’t wanna transform this text in a critic based on my studies methods, so I’ll write what I saw in that page.

There is a really boring section about grammars, with random videos (random topics) and audios, then, a less boring section with articles and news (there you can find a couple interesting ones like the green building), and the rest I don’t really want to explore it, but I would  give it a chance… (please don’t misunderstand me, I’m not saying that the contents are basic, but the “web concept” it’s not for this days, when the information is everywhere and you must incorporate it to your daily life.

6 comments:

  1. we think the same!
    (and no, i didn't read your article before writing mine ¬¬ xD)

    videogames and movies without subs are a very good way to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that it's easier to learn english doing things you like, such us watching movies and reading articles. Well it's about interests, too. Guess you just have to find something that catches yours :) I personally don't like english learning websites neither, but this one is pretty okay for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, i could have made a deeper look, and found something interesting to me (like your clearly emotion about the cat article), but like i said before, the learning concept it's a little bit annoy.

      Bye

      Delete
  3. It must be a matter of interest and the way you face things. If you think of it, there were pieces of news, for example, which don't necessarily make you feel "this is a learning activity" or not? Although I strongly disagree (only because I refuse to find everything boring!!!)I think it is fair you find other stuff more fun. "Fair enough" as they say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teacher... i admit that i was excessively rude with bbc.co.etc...






      but i still thinking that was really boring.

      D:

      Delete
  4. It's all about interests, of course I'd rather learn by reading music articles, or watching movies, but I guess this is a nice way of learning as well.

    ReplyDelete