Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Brasilia


In 2010, I had the opportunity to visit one of the most relevant metropolis in the modern architecture’s history, the Brazil’s capitol, Brasilia.
I traveled with a bunch of FAU’s students, some of them my best friends, and take us a lot of hours to arrive because of the bad airline organization (worst airline ever).


One of the main reasons for my visit was the Latin-American encounter of architecture’s students, a massive celebration which each year congregate thousands of young people around the same topic, architecture/urbanism. But, obviously, a lot of young stressed students cannot only talk about their careers, so parties were a must.

The daily schedule was divided between seminaries, workshops, forums, guided visits and parties, so we were active all the time for a period of 7 days (yeah, a whole week). That give us the chance to learn how actually work a modern city and most important, meet people from all over the continent, from Brazilians to Peruvians, Paraguayans etc. ,contacts that continue even today.

4 comments:

  1. That seems like a great place to be! And I'm pretty sure the parties were a blast, I can't believe I missed out on that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems to be a great place for a trip!
    i bet everyone in the Faculty wants to go to brasilia!
    the architecture must be very great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so jelous! Hopefully someday I'll do a trip like that (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a lot of fun, great trip ;)

    ReplyDelete